Wednesday 11 January 2017

No matter how long the winter..

Hello everyone,

and welcome to the second week of the 'anything goes' challenge at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge blog. I have made a postcard this week. You can still play along with us and we would love it if you did. You could win one of two $30 vouchers to the shop at the end of the month. Just make sure to read the rules on the SDC blog.

As some of you perhaps know, I really do not like winter. I hate the cold and love the warm summer weather a lot more. So that is why I made this card:


Here's how I made it. I cut a piece of white card stock to size and then used the 'Baroque Background' stamp and Versamark ink to stamp it twice. It fills the card front. I then heat embossed it with fine white WOW embossing powder. Next I sprayed some dark blue Lindy's ink on my craft mat and dragged the paper through it. I think the result is great. 
Next I stamped 'Winter' and coloured her with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers and a water brush. I used watercolour paper for this. After I finished colouring I cut her out. I also stamped her on the card but when I put her down I thought she didn't stand out enough. So I painted a little white paint on the spot where she was going to go, re-stamped her and adhered her on top. I added some washi tape under her to 'ground' her. I fount the sentiment on the internet and typed it up on my old typewriter, cut it into strips and added some colour. I then adhered the strips to the card. 
That was it ! 

I used only two stamps for my postcard:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 


4 comments:

  1. Prachtig ! Wat een tof idee met het embossen en de Lindy Spray ! Ik heb dat ook allemaal maar te weinig tijd om met alles aan de slag te gaan. Goed voornemen voor vandaag : een uurtje of twee (drie?) knutselen .... ik wil deze techniek echt uitproberen !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous backdrop Corrie, looks almost like wallpaper. Love this piece and the denim blue colour is fabulous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant grungy colouring of the image, and like Tracy I love the background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great icy look on this...truly delicious!

    ReplyDelete