Friday 1 July 2016

She makes her own way

Hello everyone,

and welcome to my blog where today I have an art journal to share that I made for Country View Challenges as an inspiration piece. The theme this month is 'circles' and was set by Hazel.


I made the background with a 3" gelli plate that I used as a stamp by brayering paint (PaperArtsy Fresco Paints) on it and then using a rubber stamp (PaperArtsy), with circles of course, to add some interest. I then stamped it onto the page and repeated until the page was full. Next I used the same stamp, with Pink Distress Ink in the conventional way and added some more circles. 
I bottle cap was used for the back circles and I also used a stencil (Dylusions) and added some polkadots with white paint. For the black splatters I used a Dylusions spray ink. 
Next I stamped the lady (Dina Wakley) who has circles about her also and chose a sentiment (Artistic Outpost) which I stamped on white paper and cut apart. I glued it onto the page and doodled around the strips with a black pen. 
The last thing I did was draw the black lines around the edges.
I hope you will play along with us this month. Make sure to read all the rules on the Country View Challenges Blog though ! 

Until later in the month when I will have another inspiration piece ! 

Thank you for stopping by today ! 



10 comments:

  1. This is great how you made so many ways circles for the background! With this your background became really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun circles and a great page Corrie. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great circles in the background Corrie, a fun piece x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very striking piece Corrie, love it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the subtle layers of your Gelli background, and that silhouette always catches my attention. Sorry to have missed so much again lately. I've got a couple of weeks coming up soon where I hope to do some proper catching up.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many layers of Circles! Great example for the challenge. I do wish I had a proper Gelli Plate to play with...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work corrie. Love this .. brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is really cool, Corrie! Love your card! Your background is stunning, so many different ways to create circles.
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mooi vrouwelijk! Fijn weekend verder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do adore your style Corrie and this is another fabulous creation xx

    ReplyDelete