Wednesday 3 February 2016

Mardi Gras

Hello everyone,

For today's Stampotique Designers Challenge I have made another art journal page. The theme was set by Kathi and she chose 'Mardi Gras'. Here's what she had to say about it :

"The colours of Mardi Gras are purple, green or gold. Use them or the symbols of Mardi Gras -- Fleur de Lys, masks, costumes or music! Let the good times roll!"




This page was started with a piece of Mixed Media paper. I painted it with green and white acrylic paints to get a bit of variation on the colour. Next I used a Versamark Ink pad and went around the edges of the card and heat embossed them with gold embossing powder. I also added some little stars and embossed those too. Next was a stencil and some modelling paste. I used a green Gelato to blend it into the page a little more. 
I then stamped the background and splattered some white ink onto it and used a bottle top to stamp some white rings.
For the main image I used 'Bird princess' by Roc Nicholas and I decided to give her a mask, it is Mardi Gras after all ! I also gave her shoes. I coloured everything with Copic Markers, cut it all out and adhered it. Lastly I used some sticky back letters which I painted white to form the words "Mardi Gras". 

I used the following stamps:


I hope you will play along with us this week. There are two $30 vouchers to be won at the end of the month ! Just remember: only one entry per person per challenge and no digi's. 

Thanks for stopping by today ! 





7 comments:

  1. Bird Princess is set for Mardi Gras with her beautiful mask and golden shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool effect with that golden embossing around the edges - fab! And she certainly looks ready for the festival.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Corrie. The mask really brings home the theme.

    I always love your work so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh brilliant, love the background and you main image is cool too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Score! Especially love the gold embossed frame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Corrie this is ace! Just love what you do. Always! xx

    ReplyDelete