Wednesday 17 February 2016

Beep beep

Hello everyone,

and it is Wednesday again ! Doesn't time fly !

The lovely Samantha has chosen the theme of "Spots & Stripes" for today's Stampotique Designers' Challenge. This is what she had to say :

"I love anything spotty or with polka dots and I also love stripes but they can be difficult to combine. So my challenge for you this week is to use Spots and Stripes in your creations. Have fun !"

So here's mine:


It is an art journal. I so enjoy making art journals; to me they are all little paintings and I love looking at them over and over again. Anyway, I started with a clean page in my journal and used 4 colours of acrylic paints in hues of blue and brushed them on in stripes. Next I used a homemade stencil and white paint to add the polka dots and a Dylusions stencil and black paint to add the other dots. 
I then stamped the background a little. I didn't think it needed much as there is already so much going on. Next I stamped the 'Tweedles" and the taxi. I had to reverse the taxi as it was facing the wrong way. To do that I stamped it on a large blank stamp and then stamped this onto my paper. The image is usually not as crisp but that is easily rectified with a (Copic friendly) black marker. I then coloured the images,  cut them out and adhered them to the page. The sentiment is part of the taxi stamp and was stamped three times on white card stock, cut into strips and adhered too. 

I used the following stamps:

I hope you will play along with us this week. You could win one of the two $30 voucher to spend in the online shop. Just remember NO digi's and only one entry per person per challenge.. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

11 comments:

  1. Such fun...love the dots and the layout... Gave me a smile this morning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background Corrie, absolutely love your Tweedles, and the little car is GENIUS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een grappige combi met die taxi! Toverde gelijk een glimlach op m'n gezicht!Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours in this Corrie, they're my 'go to' choice every time ! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een super leuke uitwerking weer, Corrie, ik vind ze top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite clever using the stripe challenge in the background, Corrie, and it looks great! Have always love the Tweedles and you dress them in style each time I see them! Taxi is the perfect accompaniment here. Mwah! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them Corrie. They are such fun and it's just perfect how you used that little car! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them Corrie. They are such fun and it's just perfect how you used that little car! xx

    ReplyDelete