Tuesday 1 December 2015

Stop worrying about the potholes...

Hello everyone,

It is my turn on the Roc Nicholas Rubber Stamp DT today. I love making postcards so that is what I did today too !




I fancied some bright colours as I really do not like winter as there is so little colour. So I started out with a piece of white card stock that measured 6 x 4 inches. I painted it with acrylic paints in the colours Turquoise, lime green, orange and pink. After it dried I stencilled the polka dots on it with the same colours and some white paint. I didn't do any background stamping this time as I really liked how it looked. Next I drew a few black lines around the edges and doodled the dots. Scooter girl was stamped on white card stock, coloured with Copic Markers, cut out and adhered to the card. I also stamped a flower that is part of the Daisy Head stamp, coloured it, cut it out and adhered that to the body of scooter girl. 
I also stamped the Scalloped lace border on some turquoise pattern paper, used a white pen to add some accents and shaded it with my Copics. I did cut it down. I glued that down onto the card as well. The sentiment is by Babs Hoffman (I couldn't find out anything about her on the internet, so I don't really know who she is/was) and I thought it was quite good to pair it with Scooter girl. I typed it on my old typewriter, cut it in strips and adhered it as well. 

I used only three of Roc's stamps, which are all available HERE


You can find Roc's fabulous blog HERE. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today; I really appreciate your visits and comments ! 

5 comments:

  1. Wat een prachtig kunstwerk heb je er weer van gemaakt Corrie !!! Een feestje om je blog te bezoeken !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooi dat Bokeh-effect! En ik ben ook altijd blij dat ik met vrolijke kleuren kan werken in dit een beetje kale seizoen...Gelukkig hebben wij een groen blijvende basis in de tuin! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Corrie! A sentiment we can all learn from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik vind dit ook weer helemaal top, Corrie!
    Zo gaaf gedaan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these colours they're lush and the design is fab!! xx

    ReplyDelete