Wednesday 21 October 2015

Woof

Hello everyone,

It is Stampotique Wednesday ! Yay... That means another challenge and this week it is the lovely Gez' turn to set the theme. She chose Blue and Brown and this is what she said:

"Blue and brown; One of my favourite colour combo's. I hope you have fun with it too!"

And fun I had making this art journal :




I started by painting this page and didn't like it... Painted it with gesso but still no good. So I glued some pages from an old comic on the pages and started again... 
I painted the pages with gesso to soften the comic as it was very stark. I then used a Lindy's spray to make it blue; the right and left edges were done with a darker Lindy's spray. Next I used a stencil and some Art Anthology Sorbet paint to make the circles. After it dried I doodled around the circles with a black pen. I then started stamping the background. I used 'Heart Vine' around the edges with a light blue ink so it is very subtle and 'Fax to Wolgfang' with dark blue ink. 
The doggies were next; I stamped them onto white card stock, coloured them and cut them out. I also stamped them on the pages to get every little detail of the image as it is sometimes impossible to cut out all the tiny bits. The 'woof' was also stamped on white card stock and cut out. The whole thing was them assembled. 

I used the following stamps:


Thank you for stopping by today ! I hope you will play along with us this week. You might just win one of two $30 vouchers ! Just remember NO Digi's and only one entry per person per challenge. 


 

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely FABULOUS Corrie ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat leuk met al die hondjes !
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww love this, it looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this SO much!! It's fantastic Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you persevered - I just love those dogs perched on the building block letters. And all that persevering has led to some great background layers!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete