Wednesday 16 September 2015

Happy BIG birthday..

Hello everyone,

and happy Wednesday to you. Time for another challenge over at the Stampotique blog. Today's host is the lovely Kathi and here's what she said :


'21, 25, 50, 60th Birthday or Anniversary -- It's time to celebrate! Let's see a project that celebrates those sometimes scary milestones of life!'

So, I made this card: 



I figured, if it is scary you don't want a number on there, lol... 

I started with a blank card panel on which I stamped the presents. I also stamped them on white card stock and coloured them with my trusty Copic Markers. I then cut the image out. 
Next I coloured the panel with Distress Inks and a blending tool using yellows and oranges. I dripped some water over it, dried it and then dripped some white ink to make the spots a little more obvious. I also did some background stamping and a little doodling around the edge. I then glued the coloured presents on top of the stamped ones on the panel. 
Lastly I stamped the sentiment, cut it out, doodled around the edges and adhered it to the panel. 

I used the following stamps:

I hope you will play along with us this week. You never know, you might win one of two $30 vouchers at the end of the month. Just remember only one entry per person per challenge and NO digi's. 

Thank you so much for stopping by ! 



9 comments:

  1. Hi Corrie!
    Seems to me that if I received such fun card for a milestone with no number written or adhered onto it, I would be even more pleased to receive it of course hahaha!!!
    So a great card, brilliant as usual! Bises! ~Coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooi die kleuren en wat is dat toch een prachtige feeststempel! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stack of pressies to go at there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrie
    I love the sentiment because isn't it what we all say about certain birthday milestones!
    Brilliantly bold background. I so love how the way you expertly work with colour. I have much to learn!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Corrie, great way to celebrate the 'big' birthdays without the dreaded number xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card and its rich bold colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous pile of presents - love the golden text and bubbles in the background too. I can't believe I wasn't following you already... that would explain why I keep missing things!! Have signed up now (finally!).
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fabulous, I love the colors, what a stunning card

    ReplyDelete