Wednesday 24 June 2015

Better the devil you know.

Hello everyone,

and happy Wednesday. Another Challenge over at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge blog and the theme is 'Give wings' set by the lovely an talented Astrid. 
This is what she said about her challenge :

'Every stamper has a little Frankenstein in them. Give a stamp without wings a pair of them. Have fun creating!!'

So I have made an art journal and this is it :


This page started out as a complete disaster. I painted the page red as that is the colour I associate with the devil... It looked dark and awful, lol, even after stencilling the chevrons with white paint over the top.
So I painted gesso over it and when that was dry I used Pan Pastel over the top. You can still see the red and the chevrons through it here and there. This was a bit more to my liking and I continued stencilling with red ink, stamping with white and black ink, spattering white and black ink and doodling around the page. Next I stamped Minky Girl on the page and put some washi tape where her feet were going to go. I also used some of the same tape randomly on two other places. 
I also stamped Minky on white card stock and coloured her in with Copic Markers. I drew her some horns that I slid into her head, lol...
The wings were stamped on white card, silver embossed and coloured in with a red marker; I later sprayed a red Star burst spray over the top. I cut them out and decided also to cut them down as they were a bit big for little Minky. I also clear embossed Minky. Everything was then assembled on the page. The sentiment was made with sticky letters. 

I used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! Why not play along with us and you might win $30 worth of Stampotique stamps ! Just remember NO digi's and only one entry per person per challenge ! Good luck ! 

13 comments:

  1. Well, after your "disaster" I thing the background looks stunning now! A greata page altogether, the stencilling adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooi zonnig heb je het gemaakt! En gave kleuren voor de stempel! Die tekst daar zit ik nu nog om te glimlachen... Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, I love the wings you chose for her they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prachtig zonnige pagina Corrie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely Corrie, but you didn't make a disaster at first, you were just added an initial layer ;) !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guessin' thT the devil nade you do it! Great colors, even after your redo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, going to be singing that all day now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great quote that everyone can finish after reading your sentiment, Corrie! Great stamp with the perfect addition of wings. Another great journal entry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic and a great summery colour combo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A disaster you say?... Ooooh, a GORGEOUS disaster that has become a great piece then, I adore your page, so beautiful!!! Hugs and happy Sunday Corrie, hope you have sun too it's shining here! :) xx

    ReplyDelete