Thursday 11 December 2014

Proof of fun

Hello fellow Crafters,

The shaker card seems to be all the rage at the moment. I think they are rather sweet so I decided to make one with Stampotique stamps:



I started with a piece of white card stock, slightly smaller than the card front. I put a Tim Holz stencil on it and dabbed a Versamark ink pad on it. I then sprinkled clear embossing powder on the card panel and heat set it. Over the top of that I used a blending tool and 3 shades of blue Distress Inks. I think this is such a cool effect.... I also dripped some water on to get some lighter spots. 
It was then ready to have the window cut out and I used a die for this. Next I took another piece of white card stock the same size and marked the die cut hole on it. This was my guide for the stamping. I started with 'Proof of fun' which is part of the 'Barcode Text' stamp and then used my home made (by hubby) stamp positioner to put 'Goat Monster' on top. I then coloured him with Copic Markers. 
Next I cut some acetate and glued it on the back of the die cut hole. Now it was time to build the actual shaker bit. With foam tape I made a little 'wall' around the window; I used two layers. I also put two layers of the same tape around the edge of the card. Before I did the long sides I wrapped the twine around. I filled the space where the window is with sequins and seed beads. I then put both card panels together. This whole thing was then adhered to the card. The last thing I did was make the bow. I just wrapped some twine around my hand, secured it in the middle by tying it to the twine underneath. A dab of glue was put under it to make sure it doesn't move..

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it...

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my, Corrie! This is just adorable! It seems a lengthy process, but I can't image anyone not being thrilled to receive and shake your shaker. Clever to use both the sequins and the beads! Definitely looks festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, love it Corrie I just want to shake it!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable shaker-box card!!! Thanks for the how-to Corrie. Hugs Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Il vind 'm super, Corrie!
    Een aantal jaartjes geleden werden deze shake-cards al gemaakt met de eerste Shake-it stempels en/of gecombineerd met 3d plaatjes.
    Jij hebt weer een hele leuke variatie erop bedacht, chapeau!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this, Corrie - the bold orange of the little monster pops so fabulously against the delicious blue background, and what fun to have a shaker card into the bargain - brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Corrie, such a sweet card, and I love your bow, it's a fab finishing touch xx

    ReplyDelete