Sunday 12 October 2014

She knows her own strength

Hello fellow Crafters,

Next to all the bright colours I use in my projects, I also love vintage.. So when I saw that Artistic Outpost (vintage stamps) has a monthly challenge, I decided to play. This months theme is anything goes. I used one of my new stamp sets for this card.



I used half a sheet of a light kraft card stock for the base which I scored and folded into a card. Next I cut some dark kraft card a tiny bit smaller, distressed and inked the edges. I then cut a bit of pattern paper, again slightly smaller than the dark kraft panel and inked the edges. Next I adhered the pattern paper to the panel. I used the stamp set 'Cowgirl Strength' and stamped on of the images on another piece of pattern paper and matted this on some dark kraft card, again distressing in inking the edges. I adhered this piece to the panel with brads. The sentiment was stamped on the same paper as the girl, cut apart, inked and adhered to the panel. Lastly I adhered the flower which was made with Tim Holtz fabric that was gifted to me ! and the Tim Holtz Tattered floral die. I stiffened the fabric after die cutting with gel medium. A bit of metal in the heart finished it off. 

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it ! 

6 comments:

  1. Love the vintage feel of this, Corrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leuk die achtergrond voor deze vintage creatie, prachtige bloem ook Corrie!
    Fijne zondag, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heel anders, maar zeker zo inspirerend en mooi!Die stempels zijn echt heel vintage en mooi...Jou bloem ziet er prachtig uit! Geniet van de week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous monochromatic vintage card, wonderful flower embellishment! Thanks for supporting the Artistic Outpost Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your vintage side, Corrie! This is just great...especially your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful vintage card! Great AO's image I love it xx

    ReplyDelete