Saturday 3 May 2014

I see no reason to act my age

Hello fellow Crafters,

Over at the Art Impressions Blog the challenge is to make something masculine. Apart from that anything goes.... So here is my card :


I took a piece of white card stock and made it into a card. I glued some pattern paper (Basic Grey - Out of Print) on the bottom of the front of the card. Next I adhered a bit of white rick rack down to put 'Melvin' on. I then stamped the flags at the top of the card and stamped them again on the same pattern paper. The little flags were then cut out and adhered to the stamped image. 
Melvin was stamped on white card stock, coloured with Copic Markers, clear embossed and cut out. I adhered him on his spot on the card. Lastly I printed the sentiment, doodled around the words and glued it on the card. 

Thanks for stopping by  !

Hope you like it.....

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love his face and the sentiment is brilliant!! I agree with him wholeheartedly :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melvin is Marvellous!
    As is this fabulous card which made me chuckle.
    wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrie, this is definitely masculine, and definitely funny! My kind of card! Love that you have used patterned paper and rick rack, two of my staples when I was scrapbooking and I am now using them in my art journaling! Perfect card for an "older" gentlement--kind of reminds me of Russ--but he doesn't have that much hair! Ouch! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is wonderful, so cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een super tekst bij deze leuke stempel! Je hebt er weer een bijzonder leuke kaart van gemaakt! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and fab sentiment, I agree, why should we, it's only a number - hehehe!!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally awesome!! Love Melvin! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Impressions' challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete