Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year !!

Hello fellow Crafters,

This is my first posting as DT member for Roc Nicholas ! As today is the 1st of January I thought what better than a New Year's card. I have used my beloved Bird Lady ( available via Stampotique ) again and put her in a festive mood by giving her a party hat and some fire works.



I cut a piece of card stock, slightly smaller then the card base. I used a stencil with some model paste for the stars. I then gessoed over that, dried it, and coloured the whole front with Pan Pastels in two shades of blue. Bird Lady was stamped on white paper, coloured with alcohol markers and clear embossed. The fireworks were hand drawn and given the same treatment. I cut her hat and the scalloped border at the bottom from book text. Note the word 'new' on her hat ! Lastly I put the 'happy new year' on with sticky letters. 

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it…..

3 comments:

  1. This is great Corrie. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful corrie! i hope you have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, corrie!! have an artful new year!

    ReplyDelete