Wednesday 15 February 2017

Resistance is futile

Hello everyone,

and welcome to another new Challenge over at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge Blog! This week we are seeing red and want you all to use your favourite shades of this colour !
Before you enter the competition where you could win a $30 voucher at the end of the month, please read the rules on the blog !

Anyway, here's mine :

I made the background with Distress inks. I smooshed them onto my craft sheet and dipped the card in it. I kept repeating it until I was happy. 
I used a Tim Holtz stencil and white paint to add some interest and also some background stamping in similar colours as the background. I coloured in the hearts with Copic Markers. 
Little HooHoo was stamped on white card stock and coloured with Copics too. I cut him out and found he didn't stand out enough so I added a circle of white paper stamped with the same hearts I used for the background. I typed this sentiment (from Star Trek when the Borg were getting everyone, yes, I am a bit of a Trekkie) on my old typewriter and added it to the card. 
I also used a little washi tape with more hearts.

I used the following stamps:

Thank you for stopping by today ! 


9 comments:

  1. Great combination of image and words Corrie and I love the background xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems as though you have 50 shades of red in your stash! Love this, Corrie. Well done! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU LITTLE WHITE DOTS - WILL YOU BE MINE? I am never letting you go!!!
    Love it-
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je kaart is super mooi, deze stempel van stampotique is zo lief, je hebt hem fantastisch verwerkt op je mooie achtergrond!!

    Groetjes
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favourite quotes, Corrie, but I would NEVER have thought of combining it with a Valentine's image...oh you make me laugh! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So unique and loving the elements you've put together in your fabulous creation x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I love this card and those hearts. Cute stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tee hee - passionate colours and a wonderful laugh to go along with them!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete