Wednesday 17 August 2016

A journey into time

Hello everyone,

and welcome to my blog were I have a card to share for the new Stampotique Designers' Challenge. The theme is Polkadots. Why not play along with us and win a gift certificate to the shop !!! Just make sure you read the rules on the Stampotique Designers' Challenge blog. Have fun !!!



I had this background lying around for ages. It is watercolour paper which I sprayed with Lindy's Stampgang sprays. There is a little shimmer in the colour and it looks pretty. First I added the polka dots. These were made with circle dies and Ranger Foil Sheets and Adhesive sheets. So what you do is die cut the circles out of the adhesive sheets, stick these circles on the paper (taking off the backing paper on one side). Once they are in place you take off the second backing paper. You now have sticky circles on your background. Then you put the foil sheet on top, burnish and pull it off again. The foil sticks to the circles. 
Next I stamped the background; some text and a doodle stamp around the dots. 
I then stamped the ammonite on the card and onto a piece of pattern paper. I added some colour with Copic Markers and cut it out. I adhered it to the stamped image on the card. 
Lastly I added a sentiment made with Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers and adhered the panel to a white card. 


Here you can see how shiny the foil is... 

I used the following stamps for this card:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 


5 comments:

  1. So clever, Corrie! This is a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prachtig Corrie, mooi die gouden accenten in combinatie met het blauw en bruin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Als je het ziet glitteren is ie echt heel mooi; past zo mooi al die ronde vormen! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the effect of the foil - so clever. I've been playing with foils but only in conjunction with Christine Adolph adhesive rub-ons but I can see how a die cutting machine can open up the possibilities.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Corrie, this is beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete