Tuesday 22 September 2015

Specimen

Hello everyone,

Today is my turn over at the VivaLasVegaStamps! Blog and I made a card :



This is the finished project and here is how I made it :


I painted a piece of white card stock with gesso. 


Next I mixed Primary Elements with soft gel Medium and 


painted my card with that....


I then sprayed some Lindy's spray ink on it and it gave me this mottled effect which I thought was nice.


Then I got my stamps out ! 



The bell jar was stamped straight on the card along with some numbers in the background. I used black Archival ink for the jar and grey for the numbers.


The rest of the images were stamped on separate card stock, I used Memento ink for the bunny and the bee as I was going to colour with Copic Markers. The sentiment words, of which I only used one in the end, were stamped on black card stock using Versamark ink. I then heat embossed them with white embossing powder.



Here is how it looked after colouring...



I then decided to stamp the jar on acetate also; I used StaZon ink for this. I got rid of the back rim with a cotton bud and some StaZon cleaner and cut it out.  Next I glued the bunny on the card.


I then adhered the acetate jar over the top. The bee was glued over the acetate, so was the sentiment. I also drew some doodle lines on the edges of the card panel...


Lastly I adhered the panel to a card blank. 


Here is a view from the side so you can see the shiny acetate. It looks like bunny is really in a glass jar... 

I used the following stamps:



Thank you so much for stopping by today !




8 comments:

  1. Love it!! That bunny is one of the best specimens I've seen in a long while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your specimen brought a big smile to my face!!! The background looks super too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I love your specimen. The background is gorgeous and I love the mottled effect from her spray. The acetate is a lovely touch and gorgeous colouring too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zóóó gaaf en super bedankt voor de tutorial, altijd al benieuwd geweest hoe jij dat doet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heel gaaf met die stolpfles zo! En zo duidelijk uitgelegd! Altijd leuk om te zien hoe een ander werkt! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card! The colours are amazing and your use of Copics is so skilled.
    Amazing, really do love this creation.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also LOVE this card Corrie!!! And these stamps from VLVS are so cute...
    Thank you for the tutorial, it's really great!
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how clever is that?! Particularly love that you cleaned the back rim off the acetate so that the illusion is complete. And the mottled background is really cool. Brilliant work, Corrie - and a fantastic step by step too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete