Sunday 6 September 2015

Perfect moment

Hello everyone,

It has been ages that I played in the Tag Along challenge. So today I thought I'd give it a go. It was a nice opportunity to try out my new Stampingback stamps... Yay !
The theme this time is "Crackle" and here is what I made:


I used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic paint in Cobalt Turquoise Hue to paint the tag. I then covered it with white Crackle paste, also from Deco Art. Next I rubbed the whole thing with Patina Green Antiquing Cream (Deco Art). After this dried I took some of it off again. This gives a nice effect.. I rubbed a little more of the paint along the edges to get a darker edge.
I stamped the background with a scriptstamp (brand unknown) and the compass rose from Set 154 ABC+ from Stampingback. 
I also used a small background stamp with black ink in three places and didn't like it so I covered the stamped images up with some book pages which I then rubbed with the same antiquing cream to make them blend in more. I actually like this so mistakes are not always disastrous...
Next I stamped the ballerina, coloured her and cut her out. I also stamped the sentiment en cut it in strips. Everything was then glued to the tag. A ribbon finished it off.

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

8 comments:

  1. Love the composition and great crackle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crackle and wonderful color! The ballerina is gorgeous!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's an absolutely stunning tag, Corrie - the crackle is an amazing colour, watery and sparkling like ice. It could be the lake in Swan Lake or the frozen crystals around the Sugar Plum Fairy in the Nutcracker - and your dancer is wonderful holding her balance on the cracking ice... magical!

    Thanks so much for playing along at Tag Along!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag, Corrie. The ballerina's placement on the compass points is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mooi is deze! Ik zat nog te twijfelen over deze ballerina, maar vind 'm zo mooi op jouw tag; de mooiste uitwerking ermee die ik tot nu toe gezien heb... Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete