Wednesday 10 June 2015

Do I look like...

Hello everyone,

and happy Wednesday to you all.

Today the lovely Kathi is hosting the new Challenge over at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge blog and she chose the theme : Shimmer and shine. This is what she said:

'My spirit animal must be a magpie as I am attracted to all things that shine, shimmer, or glitter. My challenge for you is to create a project that literally shines!'

I made an art journal and this is it, I hope it is shimmery and shiny enough Kathi ! 



This page was started with Dylusions paint. I made the colour by mixing red and white together. Next I put a stencil on top and smushed my Versamark pad on top. I then used two glittery embossing powders from WOW; Holographic Silver in the middle and Princess Pink on the sides. 


Here you can see the glitter a little better. 



I also put embossing ink on the edges and embossed it with Range silver embossing powder. 
 Next I stamped the background all over with grey Archival Ink. I then stamped 'Stacked boxes' twice on pattern paper and shaded them with watercolour pencils and a water brush, cut them out and adhered them to the bottom of the page. I did the same with the hat. 
The main figure is called 'Friend' and I stamped him on white card stock, clear embossed him and cut him out with a little white border. It is almost impossible to cut him out without the border because of all the little bits sticking out. I glued him to the page and put his hat on too. I also gave him pink jewels for eyes.... scary !
The sentiment was also stamped on pattern paper, matted on black card stock and then adhered to the page. 
I used the following stamps:


Why not join us and play too. You might just win one of two $30 vouchers to spend in the online shop. Just remember NO digi's and only one entry per person ! 

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

6 comments:

  1. A great page Corrie, the scene is gorgeous, the hat fits perfectly to your friend and the shine is beautiful! Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, Corrie! So pretty and sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun, I love the color and your shimmery background is so cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your unique background color, Corrie! Friend is one of my favorites, too. You have used him perfectly here, especially with that hat! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous , love the colours and shimmery effects and Friend looks wonderful
    He's positively glowing!

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ermmmmm......nope, but love the hat - lol xxx

    ReplyDelete