Sunday 28 September 2014

A loving heart ...

Hello fellow Crafters,

We had a fabulous week in London to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and today I was able to return to my Craft room. One of the things I did was this art journal with some new stamps I got at the Stamp & Scrap show in London last weekend.






Here's a few detail photo's:






The pages have been coloured with water-soluble Crayons in Oranges and pinks on top of an oneven layer of Gesso. I then used some of the stamps from the new PaperArtsy Range Eclectica ESN11 to stamp the background. I used Archval inks for this; a pink, an orange and black. I then used a TWC stencil and some modelling paste to add the flowers.
The main images, the hearts, are from the same PaperArtsy stamp set and I stamped them on some watercolour paper that I coloured ages ago with Dylusions and twinkling H2O's.  I used some clear embossing powder while the ink was still wet, heat set them and cut them out. Next I stamped the sentiment that also came from this stamp set. It was then time to adhere hearts onto my page. I added some shading around them and lastly I used a black water colour pencil and a slightly damp blending stump to add the black shadows.  

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it....




7 comments:

  1. Fabulous pages, great background and a wonderful set of PA stamps xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful Corrie, I love it! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooi subtiel die achtergrond! En een mooie tekst! Nog gefeliciteerd met jullie 25ste trouwdag! Lijkt me dat je fijne nieuwe stempels e.d. gescoord hebt op de show... Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Corrie, the bright hearts are perfectly balanced and look fab against the more subtle background, nice texture too :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colours, love that hot pink and the beautifully balanced hearts :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s glad you had a lovely time in the city :D x

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous seems a bit of an understatement for such an elegant spread, Corrie, but gorgeous it is! You must still be in a romantic mood after returning from your anniversary trip into "the city" (London for you, New York for me!). Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete