Tuesday 4 March 2014

Round Robin Arjournals

Hello fello Crafters,

Boy, hard work after my holiday to get back on track. But I am very much enjoying it.....
I have made two Art Journals for the Round Robin that has been organised by Sonja Boom over at the Craftorij.
The first one is for Miranda Bosch and looks like this :


I cut a piece of watercolour paper and smooshed it into Dylusions which I sprayed on my craft sheet with some water ( Thanks for the idea Astrid ). I did some random stamping used a letter stencil with the White Linnen Dylusions Spray. I doodled a border around the paper with a black marker. I stamped the lady and the sentiment on book text, clear embossed them and cut them out.  I used some bits and pieces to place them on like a black doily and some cambric. Before glueing everything down I did splatter the pages with black ink. I also used some rub ons and a couple of paper flowers and a button. Lastly I cut the page in two and glued them in the journal. 

The second one is for Afke Boonstra and looks like this :


This one is completely different. I started with a paper bag that I cut apart so it became a piece of paper. I painted it with gesso to make the print a bit less obvious. I did some background stamping and stencilling and aged the edges with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. I also used some washi tape in random places.  I used a photo of a gentleman which I bought in the USA (Time Holtz - lost relatives). I adhered him onto some more bits of the paper bag which I punched with a scalloped edge. I found the tag already painted in my stash and thought it fitted perfectly. The word "gentleman" was made with a Dymo machine and the sentiment was cut from a PaperArtsy stamp.
Lastly I cut the paper in half and adhered it in the journal. 

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like them .....


3 comments:

  1. So different but both equally wonderful.
    I like the way you doodled a border around the first two pages and wow what bold colours.
    I love the second for the shabby, aged appearance and so love the scalloped edging.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leuk dat je het ook geprobeerd hebt Corrie :-) Hele gave pagina's!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete