Sunday 30 March 2014

Observations

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today I did an Art Journal to enter into the Artistic Stamper March Challenge called 'Letters, Words and Numbers'. This is what I made:


I gessoed the pages in my Moleskine journal and then painted them with Ice Blue Fresco Paint by Paperartsy. I then sprayed some blue Glimmer mist over it. I used several number and letter stamps for the background. I used blue Archival, black Archival and white ink for the letters. I didn't think they were white enough so I decided to white emboss them. I used an old top from a tube to make the black rings with India Ink. I then used some rub ons for a few more numbers and for the word observations and the tiny sayings around the page are also rub ons (Tim Holtz). I stamped Maude on photo paper (I think she is from Stamp Smith, not sure about this though) and cut her out.  I used some cambric and a few paper flowers to further embellish the page around the photostamp and that was it. 

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it....

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, romantic pages - that soft blue is beautiful! - and wonderful use of the lettering and numbers to add detail and texture. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Artistic Stamper.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful spread. I love all the blue, the letters, numbers, white, and black. It all combined to produce a strong graphic feel to go with that soft romantic image.

    ReplyDelete