Wednesday 5 February 2014

When your heart speaks...

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today the Challenge over at Stampotique is : Include a heart in your art. The theme was set by Jackie and this is what she said :

"In Ancient Rome 13, 14 and 15th of February were celebrated as Lupercalia, a pagan fertility festival. By the mid 18th century, the passing of love notes had become popular in England, precursor to the St Valentines Day card as we know it today. Early cards were made of paper and lace. By the 19th century they became so popular that factories started to mass- produce them. 
So as the  14th approaches it's time for you  to put a heart in our Art  and then show us what you have made.
I am looking forward to seeing all the different ways you add a heart to your art! "

If you want to win $ 30,-- worth of those lovely stamps why not play along ? This is what I made :



I started with a white ATC. I cut out a heart from white scratch paper and used that as a mask. I used Distress Inks in Pink and Orange around the heart and then doodled the black and white border along the outside of the heart. I used the following Stampotique stamps :
Fax to Wolfgang (background with pink Archival ink)
I only used part of Heart Shirt. He was stamped on white paper and coloured with alcohol markers and clear embossed after which I glued part of him on the ATC. I stamped the sentiment on some pink patterned paper, cut it apart, distressed the edges with black ink and glued it on the card.
That was it really !

Thanks for stopping by !


Hope you like it....

15 comments:

  1. He's a happy little chappy, isn't he? Love how the surrounding colour goes from pink to red and the quote is just right too. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you chose a "male" image for this great quote, Corrie! It definitely has more impact, I think. Looking at using only parts of images makes them so much more versatile, and you have done that beautifully with Heart Shirt here. Sweet little ATC. Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous juicy creativeness, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab, fab, fab!! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cuttie!! Love your vibrant colors Corrie! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. ja prachtige kaart, schattige stempel dat ventje!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to give him a wee hug, he is adorable!
    You always create with such sharp, vibrant colours, they are never muddy, always crisp and clean.
    Adore this ATC :)
    Corrie, thank you so much for your words of encouragement for my butterfly canvas. As you know, I rarely use colour so this was a big step for me!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, made me smile! Great colors

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quote you used corrie!
    Lovely ATC
    Thanks for putting a heart in your ART!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really adorable Corrie!! Hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. He looks perfect against this heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a fabulous ATC do love the doodled heart border.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    ReplyDelete