Monday 10 February 2014

Journal 52 - week 6 - the lost art of love letters

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today I made this art journal page for Journal 52. The prompt for this week is : The lost art of love letters.

I painted the background pink and used a stencil and Distress Ink to create a pattern. The big heart was cut out of an old magazine and gessoed. I very lightly stamped some hearts on it. Also I doodled the black and white border around it. I made the postcard from white card stock which I distressed and cut out some more hearts, one out of the same old magazine and two from pattern paper. I used one of these papers as well to put the kissing couple on. They came from a collage sheet from my stash. The flowers were ready to go as I made them for another project and didn't use them. Lastly I used sticky letters to put the F. Scott Fitzgerald quote onto the heart. That was it! 

7 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful mix of vintage and contemporary which you have balanced to absolute perfection.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely vintage collage and so romantic too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful and very romantic, perfect for the Valentine's day around the corner. :) Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty page! Happy to meet you and thanks for the visit/comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete