Wednesday 19 February 2014

How much is that doggy in the window ??

Hello fellow crafters,

Hello and happy Wednesday to you. This week it is my turn to host the Designers Challenge over at the Stampotique blog. Now if you are anything like me, you will keep all wrapping paper, cardboard and of course acetate (clear plastic). We all get lots of it : packaging. I particularly like acetate to use in my projects, whether it is to stamp on or use it in any other way. I just love it. So this week I would like YOU to use a bit of acetate. Let your imagination run wild and surprise me !!!  

Here is what I made :



I made this 'shop' out of a bit of packaging cardboard, I cut it to size, removed a rectangle in the 'front wall' for the window. I then made a box and glued it behind the window to make the 'shop window'. I then painted it, first with gesso and then with a grey acryllic paint. I drew the bricks on separate paper, coloured them and cut them out. I then glued them to the 'wall'. I rubbed the whole thing with some black soot Distress Ink to make it look a bit more weathered. I then glued some pattern paper in the shop window and made a cushion out of felt for Shoogy to sit on. Here's where the acetate comes in. I used the plastic that came with a clear stampset and cut a bit that was slightly bigger then the window. I used sticky letters to put the word 'petshop' on it. I then glued it over the 'shopwindow'. I used some woodgrain pattern paper for the 'windowframe' and glued it over the edge of the plastic. So now the dog is for sale in the petshop. I also used Carol's flower and stamped them on white paper, coloured them with colour pencils and clear embossed them. Lastly I printed the sentiment which is of course a song title and glued it on the panel underneath the shop. The whole thing was put together with chain and rings from my jewelry making days.


Thanks for stopping by!

Hope you like it.....

10 comments:

  1. Corrie such a cute little pet shop !
    Thank you for such a geat challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation of using acetate in this challenge! So, how much is the doggy in the window? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect example for your acetate challenge, Corrie! Love the depth you have achieved in creating your pet shop window. All that said, I will spend the rest of the day with that song going through my head! ;-) Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cute Corrie! This was definitely a challenge for me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic make Corrie, so original and cute!!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

  6. He is so adorable as is your creation. Love the use of acetate to create the pet shop window, this is so charming and I cannot resist that doggie in the window.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really loving your little doggie in the window. So cute! Thanks for the wonderful challenge this week. It made us all think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Corrie, your doggie is so sweet, and I love the little bricks in your shop. Thanks for the great challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodness, the cutest thing ever! I'm going to be singing that for weeks, Poppy will wonder what's going on!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely wonderful! So clever and so very well executed. I love all the details (especially those bricks), the design (the hanging bit), and the doggie in the window.



    ReplyDelete