Monday 3 February 2014

Art Journaling Club Day

Hello fellow Crafters,

Last Saturday I went to the Craftorij with a friend and spent a day Art journaling. The idea was to make a tree out of bits of book paper. The inspiration was Christy Tomlinson. This is what I made:


We started with adhering bit of torn pattern paper on the pages and then painting them so that some of the patterns still peeked through. After that we tore book texts into small bits and created a tree from them. I couldn't stop and made the houses from book paper as well. I used some more pattern paper for the leaves and the doors and windows of the houses. We did some background stamping and used Pitt brush pens to create shadows around all the objects. I then found Mela in my bag. (Always leave home prepared, lol) and decided to put her under the tree for a pop of colour. I then stamped the circles with red ink on reddish pattern paper, cut them out, glued them on and doodled around them as well.

It was a very enjoyable day with likeminded people, lots of  refreshments during the day and a nice lunch too. 

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it. 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely vibrant pages Corrie - roll on the summer!!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ziet er schitterend uit en dat rode dametje doet
    Het goed op die groene achtergrond!
    Groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty page Corrie, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great AJ and inspiration, the result is fabulous Corrie, really beautiful!!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Mela look absolutely stunning in red, Corrie! Love your book text tree and houses. I love stamping on book test--thanks to you, my friend!! Well done, here. Glad you had a wonderful day! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! I love the colors you used too. The pop of red is perfect. I've been avoiding my art journal all week, but now I'm inspired. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a fabulous day playing in your journal. Love the idea of the tree from torn paper and Mela looks right at home under the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is one gorgeous page! I love your background colours and Mela really does pop off the page. I love the sound of this technique.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Corrie, wat is die leuk geworden, en kleurrijk:0)
    Dat Artjournaldagje in Ede heeft je goed gedaan.
    Doen we nog een keertje, he!

    ReplyDelete