Thursday 10 October 2013

What a belter !

Hello fellow crafters,

I made another tag today for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge :

Val is our hostess this week and she is challenging us to Handles, hinges, buckles, fasteners, pulls - different ways to flip, fold, fasten, open, close and grasp! These could be used on cards, dimensional projects, envelopes or altered/recycled/found objects.... faux or real - anything goes!

This is what I made:
 
I started with Paperartsy Fresco Finish paint in Mermaid (love this stuff, and no, they don't pay me to say that)  and then stamped the Tim Holtz butterfly on it with Versamark. I then coloured them with Pan Pastels in turqoise and doodled on them with a white gel pen. I also did some background stamping but tried to keep it really subtle. The rings were stamped with my home made o-ring stamp. I also put on some rub ons. I used and old watch strap to put Fofe on. Fofe is from Stampotique and was stamped on white paper and coloured with watercolour pencils. After glueing him on I made the sentiment with sticky back letters.
Lastly I put some black velvet ribbon through the hole.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Hope you like it ........


9 comments:

  1. Zo dit is weer een mooi kunstwerkje,
    Leuk die riem onderaan de tag!
    Groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, loving the colors and that buckle is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag Corrie. Mermaid is my most fave colour too! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute tag, Corrie! Love that image and you have so perfectly colored him! Cool use of that old watch band!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the recycling and the apt message. - Fab tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, ladies, you are all so kind !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous Halloween tag great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous tag Corrie ♥

    Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete