Friday 27 September 2013

Tag Along # 5, Autumn

Hello fellow Crafters,

Over at Mandy's Tag Along blog the theme is Autumn. I've really been struggling with this because I don't like Autumn. I am a Summer person. So making an Autumnal Tag was really out of my comfort zone. This is what I (finally) came up with :

 
You'll have to excuse the bad picture quality, I've tried using my phone and my big camera but the crow kept coming out blue. In real life he is obviously black. This is a no. 8 Manilla tag which I smooshed into yellow, orange and brown Distress Inks. I then dripped some water on it and dried it. After it was dry I put the leaf stamp all over it. The branch is actually the trunk of a Stampotique stamp called Tree. The crow, the little leaf at the bottom and the sentiment, which is a Japanese Haiku (poem), came from the internet. A bit of orange ribbon finished it off.
Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you like it ......

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, bold autumnal tag, Corrie - and I love the haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Corrie, your crow looks fab in black or blue! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I liked this crow image, Corrie! beautiful distressed background ! great tag!
    nagaonkarshilpa.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete