Saturday 28 September 2013

It's a strange magical world.

Hello fello Crafters,

This is my second posting for today, yes, I have been busy again. This one is an Artjournal. I used my itty bitty book again.
This is what I made :
 
 
 
 
I painted the page with watercolours and then softened it with gesso. I did some background stamping and stamped Stampotique's 'Angel Boy' on white paper with Versafine Ink and because this ink stays wet for a long time I though why not pour clear embossing powder over it and emboss it. That's what I did. It somehow makes black look blacker and colours more bright. Anyway, I coloured his face and hands and then used a silver and blue glitter pen to colour his wings. I wasn't satisfied with the amount of bling this gave me so I then decided to emboss the wings again with holographic embossing powder. (second photo). The sentiment is a Teesha Moore stamp and I thought that fitted Angel Boy perfectly. The last thing I did was glue him on the page after putting some washi tape down to 'anchor' him.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Hope you like it......

2 comments:

  1. Great page and I love his sparkly wings, fabulous!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember seeing Angel Boy before (and I have spent a LOT of time shopping!), but have just fallen in love with him! I have not yet tried your technique of embossing the image, but I have saved your oh-so-simple instructions and will definitely try it. I can see that it really *does* make a difference! My order of the new Stampotique images just shipped, so I will be haunting my mailbox for the next 3 days!! Great journal page you have created here. Strong background. Magical "wings"!

    ReplyDelete